There are a lot of Asian food recipes on here, and one of the most common questions asked is, “Where do I actually buy ___?” Here is a short guide in which I hope to answer that for you!
Asian Grocery Store Locator
Try this tool first: If you can find the items at an Asian grocery store, they will likely be a little cheaper than the same items bought online!
Just type in your zip code and press “Locate”. A new window will pop up with maps for your area, showing any nearby Asian grocery stores:
A-Z List of Ingredients with Links to Buy Online
Disclosure: some of these may be affiliate links.
No Asian grocery store nearby? Or, maybe they didn’t have what you were looking for? Most of these items can be found online, but they’re not quite as cheap as in the physical store.
Note if you’re gluten-free: You’ll probably have better luck at the Asian market, (use our tool to find one,) or making your own sauces, as I am currently struggling to find gluten-free versions of some of the sauces online. If you find gluten-free versions of something I couldn’t find, please let me know!
Click on any product to see what it looks like (& purchase online if you like):
- Avocado oil
- Ginkgo nuts
- Goji berries
- Hot bean sauce (aka chili bean paste) (this brand not gluten-free)
- If you’re gluten-free and want to make your own, this recipe can be made without the flour
- Matcha powder
- Miso (white)
- Mushroom oyster sauce (vegetarian) (this brand not gluten-free)
- This one is listed as gluten-free: here
- Sesame oil
- Sichuan peppercorns
- Soy sauce (gluten-free)
- Taro root
- White fungus (dried, edible)
- Wood Ear Mushroom (Fungus) (dried, edible)