A while ago, I got an ice cream maker as a gift, and it really was one of the best gifts ever. I’ve always loved ice cream, but it’s no secret that pretty much anything commercially available is packed full of refined sugar, unnatural fats, preservatives, and much more, so I was happy to start making my own.
When making raw vegan ice cream (especially low-fat,) you want to make sure that if you refreeze it, you give it ample time to thaw out before trying to serve it. Right after you finish churning it for the first time, it will be perfect and creamy without waiting or adjustment. Just be patient in times after that, and you will be glad you did!
I love mangos, and so many of the things I eat on a daily basis tend to circle around them. Thus, it should come as no surprise that this is (yes) another mango-centric recipe to thrill and delight your taste buds 🙂
Anyway, I hope you love it as much as I do. This ice cream has the nutrition of a smoothie and the heavenly goodness that you’d expect from any ice cream. Here’s how to make it yourself:
- 2 c almond milk
- 1/3 c medjool dates
- 1/4 c agave
- 4 1/2 c mangos, skinned and without pits
- 1 c pecans
- dash Himalayan pink salt (regular salt will do if you don’t have any)
- Use a blender to thoroughly blend everything EXCEPT the pecans together. You should have something that is about the consistency of a smoothie.
- Add the pecans in, stirring gently.
- Put this mixture in your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can still do a similar process, one serving at a time. Just put about a cup of the mixture into a ziplock bag, and put that bag into another (larger) ziplock bag with rock salt and ice. Knead it with your fingers about 15 minutes or until it is the desired consistency.
One thought on “Summer Fresh Recipes: Creamy Mango Pecan Ice Cream”
oh I love mangos….this sounds amazing….