These are not your normal, everyday sort of peanut butter cookies. These are packed with the maximum amount of peanut butter that a cookie can still hold, and on top of that, these soft, moist ball-shape cookies melt in your mouth and are amazing fresh out of the oven or even the next day.
When I was younger, peanut butter was one of my absolute favorite flavors in the world–better than chocolate, better than anything. If a dessert could contain peanut butter, that generally made it that much better!
I still enjoy the taste of peanut butter and carry with me this recipe which I spun up years ago, with the sole goal in mind being to pack as much peanut butter into a cookie as possible. Especially to any other peanut butter freaks out there: Enjoy; these literally cannot hold anymore peanut butter without falling apart.
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c cane sugar
- 1/2 c margarine (Earth Balance works well)
- 1 TBS agave nectar
- 1 1/4 c crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt (regular salt will do if you don’t have this)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c flour
- Combine all ingredients together, starting with the sugar and margarine, and then incorporating the rest. You may have to start mixing by hand by time you add the flour.
- Prepare a few greased cookie sheets. (Margarine or coconut oil works well for this)
- Take about 1 TBS of cookie dough at a time, and form ball shapes with your hands. Place these gently on the cookie sheets. You can press down on them slightly, but do not flatten.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 7 minutes (yep, that’s it).
- Let cool & enjoy 🙂
3 thoughts on “Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies: For Serious Peanut Butter Lovers Only!”
I tried these when you brought them to dance…and I never want to eat normal peanut butter cookies again after these!
Thank you; glad you enjoyed them 🙂
I wonder if you could try these with almond butter instead?