This is a lovely little twist on peanut butter pie: Almond cookie cream pie! It uses a bunch of almonds, in many forms, and the resulting flavor is a unique crowd pleaser, because it’s: creamy, no-bake, richly delicious, unique, and totally vegan!
The almond butter I used for this was from Trader Joe’s, which has, from what I’ve seen so far, the best price on almond butter. Take a look:
- 3 c bite sized cookies
- I found some vegan letter cookies at Trader Joe’s
- Any bite-sized neutral/vanilla cookie will do
- 1/3 c Earth Balance, or other vegan margarine
- 1 jar almond butter
- 8 oz tub Trader Joe’s vegan cream cheese (or other vegan cream cheese)
- 1/2 c virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1 c bite sized cookies
- 6 almonds
- For the crust, combine all of the ingredients in the crust group in a food processor. Pulse until the pieces are very fine and start to stick together.
- Press the crust mix into the sides and bottom of a 9″ round pie pan. This will form the crust. Set aside.
- If your coconut oil is rock solid, gently warm it until it starts to become soft.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the filling group ingredients. Mix thoroughly; use an electric mixer if you have one.
- Press the filling mixture into the crust, and pat it down to smooth it.
- In the food processor again, crush the cookies from the toppings group. Pour these on top of the pie as a topping.
- Arrange almonds on the top to provide a finishing touch!