This recipe was inspired by the idea of chocolate-covered fruit…eg strawberries and raspberries dipped in chocolate, chocolate-covered raisins, bananas with chocolate sauce etc. This time, though, the chocolate really does cover the fruit, by sitting on top of it. Raw and vegan, this textured chocolate matches the moistness of the fruit and isn’t meant to harden. The peach slice is the cracker, and the chocolate is the lovely topping we added.
Ready to try something a bit unique? Let’s go!
- 1 cup raw coconut – Usually about this much comes out of 1 young coconut
- 3 TBS cacao powder
- 2 TBS coconut oil
- 2 TBS agave, or your favorite sweetener
- 2 fresh peaches
- Slice up one of the peaches. Set it aside.
- Mix everything else, including the second peach, in the food processor. Leave some chunks in the mixture!
- Drop 1 spoonful (about 1 TBS) onto each each peach slice.
- Refrigerate and enjoy!
These are great to take to a party, but you might want to make a double recipe. People will wonder what they are, and when they find out, they’ll tell you, “Oh, you’re so creative! Where did you ever think of that!” Of course, I’d love it if you tell them you found it here, but you don’t have to 😛 It’s a nice twist on the classic (and possible overdone) chocolate covered fruit.
I hope you enjoy these low-calorie, healthy sweet bites as much as I do. Have a peachy day!