This savory and relatively quick single-dish dinner came out of random groceries I bought at Trader Joe’s one day. They have this lovely marinated Sriracha tofu, which was the main inspiration for the stir-fry. Sriracha tofu is essentially just extra firm tofu marinated in Sriracha–so you could totally make your own if Sriracha marinated tofu isn’t an item sold near you!
You will have to be able to take a bit of spicy to enjoy this dish, though! Sriracha, of course, is a type of hot sauce. Paired with mushrooms, tomatoes, and cilantro, this dish is unique and impressive but actually relatively simple to put together.
- 7 oz Sriracha tofu (I found this at Trader Joe’s)
- 1 medium tomato
- 3 oz beech mushrooms, or your favorite small mushroom
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TBS avocado oil
- 1 TBS gluten-free soy sauce
- 1/3 c chopped cilantro
- Start with the avocado oil and garlic over high heat. Stir fry for about 30 seconds or until the garlic just starts to turn brown.
- Add everything else except cilantro.
- Continue stir frying until mushrooms are cooked through.
- Remove from heat and add cilantro, quickly stirring it in