Trying to get started with more juices, smoothies in your life? Strawberries and bananas together are always a winning combination.
Here’s a perennial favorite recipe that’s easy to make at home.
Before you start, a quick note on green smoothies…our ingredients list does call for spinach!
This is optional, but if you’re looking to up your intake of leafy greens, give it a try! Green smoothies are great for getting enough leafy greens, especially if you’re not a fan of salad.
- 4c strawberries – please try and get organic!
- 2 bananas
- 1 c water
- 1-2c spinach (optional, but a great way to up your intake of greens!)
- Put all ingredients into your blender.
- Remember that the spinach is optional–if you’re new to smoothies, you might want to try this recipe WITHOUT the spinach first!
- Blend everything together for about 15 seconds or until smooth.
Bananas are a great way to make dairy-free smoothies nice and creamy. They thicken up the texture and also add a nice, tropical flavor. If you’re trying to give up dairy products, try making your smoothies with bananas and water instead of milk. If bananas aren’t your thing, try a small handful of cashews instead. This won’t make your smoothie quite as thick but will give you the effect of having added some sort of milk.
How did you like it? Did you try it with the spinach, and was it your first green smoothie? What are some of your favorite smoothie combinations?
Let us know what you thought in the comments section below!