This was a request: “Make something blueberry”. Requests from friends are great because they not only give me an idea what people like but gives me a reason to create something I might not have normally thought of. This delicious blueberry cheesecake is not only dairy-free/vegan but happens to be gluten-free and raw as well.
Blueberries are one of the most accessible and well-known superfoods, and eating them in raw form in a dessert like this is a great excuse to eat more of them! Featuring a date and nut crust, the entire dessert is entirely no-bake.
- 1/2 c pecan halves
- 1/2 c raw sunflower seeds
- 1 TBS cacao powder
- 3/4 c packed dates
- 1 1/2 c cashew pieces
- 1 c almond milk
- 1/2 c virgin coconut oil
- 2 TBS agave nectar
- 2 TBS ground up flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp almond flavoring
- 1 TBS lemon juice
Top Layer Group
- 3 c blueberries
- 2 TBS chia seeds
- 2 TBS agave
- 1 TBS water
- In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients in the crust group. Pulse until the pieces are very small and start to stick together.
- Press the crust group mix into the sides and bottom of a 9″ round pie pan. The pieces should stick together nicely; pat down firmly to create the crust. Set aside.
- If your coconut oil is rock hard, gently warm it slightly until it is soft or liquidy.
- Now, in a blender, combine all of the ingredients in the filling group. Blend VERY thoroughly – this mixture must be very smooth. Pour the mixture gently on top of the crust mixture.
- While the cheesecake is chilling, prepare the top layer: Combine all of the ingredients in the top layer group in a blender, blend until smooth.
- Take a few spoonfuls of the top layer mixture and drop them into the cheesecake. Gently swirl them into the cheesecake with a knife to incorporate a touch of blueberry into the creamy layer.
- Put the cheesecake into the freezer for about 20 minutes, or until firm.
- Pour the remaining blueberry top layer on top of the cheesecake, and top as desired!
- Some great topping ideas include:
- White chocolate chips
- More blueberries
- Shredded coconut
- Cashew pieces
What’s your favorite topping for this blueberry cashew cheesecake? What kind of event would YOU want to bring this to?
One thought on “No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Raw!”
Thanks for sharing this with us! I really liked this when you made it about a month ago, but I never realized something so delicious was actually healthy, too 🙂